This is a step-by-step guide to the nanny placement process when working with Nurturing Nannies. We have tried to address any questions you might have. Feel free to contact us if you have questions about a nanny placement that are not answered on this page.
- Go to the family application tab, fill out and submit your application.
- Set up an appointment for your free in-home placement consult. We would like to meet you and your children in your home environment to help us determine which candidate’s will be a good match for your family.
- We will need a signed Agency/Client Agreement and a deposit of half of your placement fee to get started on your referral.
- We will make referrals of nanny candidates that we have pre-screened that we feel are best suited to meet your families nanny needs. Often, families only need to interview a few candidates as Nurturing Nannies only refers candidates for interview that are a good match for your family. This makes the process much less time consuming for the family.
- When you have found a nanny candidate that you would like to hire you will contact your placement coordinator. We will make your employment offer to the nanny candidate. The hourly wage of most nannies will be between $10 -$15 per hour depending on nannies experience, number of children, and household duties. You may also wish to have a 1 day trial period with a nanny candidate to determine if they are a good fit. You may have up to a 1 day trial with a nanny candidate with no agency fee. You will pay the nanny $12 hr for her trial day.
- You will receive copies of your nanny’s background check, drug test results (if you have chosen this option) and motor vehicle report. Remaining agency fee is due within 24 hrs of receiving these reports.
- Nurturing Nannies offers ongoing support. If a placement does not work out within the first four months, we will do a free replacement. If for any reason your nanny is sick or has a personal emergency we will provide you (as available) with a temporary nanny ($30 a day agency fee, $12-$14 hr for nanny). We highly recommend that you have a written agreement with your nanny as to what her specific duties will be, hourly wage, vacation, holiday & sick day pay/arrangements, insurance etc. We will be happy to provide you with a template to create this nanny/parent work agreement. We recommend you have this document signed before nanny starts working.
Throughout your placement process you will have direct access to your nanny placement counselor through phone, text and email. All calls will be returned within 12 hrs. We have many years of experience and are here to make this process a positive experience for your family. We are never too busy and are always happy to hear from you!